Saturday, January 27, 2007

It occurred to me...

I am sure that you are all familiar with this ad:

Did you notice, like I did, the lady changed? Before the picture was of a girl who looked like the girl with the glasses from Scooby Doo and now it's Barbie with Farah Fawcett hair -- anyway -- who is this guy? And why is *he* being used as the epitome of "oh la la" ... when I was in high school I was stuck in a mad crazy crush with (oh, like there was just one) but, regardless, none of them ... nevermind, my point was just - why him? What about those of us who liked the guys with the military cut (or, skinheads as my dad called them) or the guys with the darker hair (hotties!) not the little blonde mama's boys. What!? In addition to that - he looks like a baseball player. hate them! If you wanted a guy in high school, well, there is a *reason* why football players are popular; they freaking rock AND some of them have a brain. (imagine.)


Anyway, mentioning Barbie (and hot guys) (and military cuts) ((whew, I am ALL over the place)) Mattel gave Ken a makeover. so he can get back with Barbie. BUT, a gay guy gave him the make over so now Ken looks especially gay.............. well, the one that will be selling in stores does... the collector one... NICE.

I laughed because they were showing all the different Kens and I sure do remember having the one with actual hair (not painted plastic, right) and this swirled magenta/lime green polyester shirt... yeah. that was MY Ken.


And for those of you that were wondering, his last name is Carson. (illegitimate son of Johnny?)

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought it was funny that Ken was a "smoothie" so I guess it doesn't matter if he's gay or not, right? LOL!

Aunt Mo

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHH TMI, TMI!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home